ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking reliable and enthusiastic individuals to join us as Security Officers at Wantirna Residential Aged Care, employed on a part-time basis.
Security Officer Position Summary:
The Security Officer is responsible for interacting with customers and controlling access to designated security areas at the health facility through access control points. The duties include providing frontline security, customer service and protection of patients and occupants of the facility in accord with site Security requirements. They are also responsible for providing advice to occupants of the facility on restricted areas and raising alarm for any health and safety considerations. The role may also require other duties within the scope of skills of the Security Officer such as patrolling, crowd control and promoting a security culture.
- Provide professional integrated Security Services on a scheduled and ad hoc basis which are efficient, effective and safe
- Provide emergency response assistance
- Integrate closely with the other services to provide prompt response times
- Maintain the safety of all persons and their belongings within each facility and on the site, including the protection of all hospital users against violent acts or abuse
- Protect the site and property
- To protect residents and visitors against theft, vandalism, malicious tampering and criminal damage
- Ensure only those people legitimately using the hospital are allowed access to the site
- Restrict access to sensitive areas to authorized personnel only
- Ensure adherence to all applicable health policies
- Access to staff discounts with companies including insurance and childcare
- Traineeship opportunities for eligible employees
- Career development via our internal Learning Management System
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
- Part-time availability or flexible casual availability
- Must hold a current Security License
- Must hold a valid Police Check or willing to obtain one
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required inclusive of a third/booster vaccination dose. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and drive to deliver strong customer service
- Genuine interest in working with and caring for elderly people
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com