ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Quality Assurance & Systems Manager within our Aviation Security Division based in our Brisbane Office.
This is a national role responsible for coordinating and managing all Quality Assurance and Systems related activities within our risk, quality assurance and compliance framework. The role will ensure compliance, continuous improvement and achievement of industry best practice. This includes partnering closely with our operational and national support teams in conducting operational and compliance audit services to ensure any risks are comprehensively mitigated in line with ISS and Aviation Security best practice.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure operational compliance to the highest standard in line with legislative requirements, clients/ISS policies, procedures, and management systems.
The role will be responsible for actively identifying and implementing appropriate systems and processes to mitigate prevailing and emerging threats to aviation security.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in aviation security risk, compliance and systems across ISS’ national operations
- Quality - ensure development of systems, processes and programs capable of delivering world best practice aviation security service performance
- Develop and recommend plans, policies and programs designed to improve ISS’ operations’ efficiency and effectiveness in meeting established KPI’s and goals
- Manage and support the planning and execution of key operational and compliance focused audit assignments
- Drive the quality assurance process as it relates to compliance within site based teams ensuring audits are occurring in line with established policy and procedures
- In conjunction with the National Training & Compliance Manager, ensure compliance system testing and training as required across all sites
- Drive continual improvement of best practice control frameworks, commercially value added solutions, and the ISS risk control framework
- Ensure 100% alignment to client contracts in terms of quality assurance and systems related areas/activities
- Develop, implement and administer policies and standard operating procedures and safety regulations in compliance with Aviation Transport Security Act and Regulations and ISS’ contractual requirements
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with airport authorities and Aviation Maritime Security (AMS)
- Ensure the security program has due regard for the needs of our passengers and business partners
- Assist operations in resolving minor and major incidents as they occur and provide detailed clear concise instructions and reports
- Provide leadership in the area of responsibility by effectively managing resources to deliver on quality assurance and systems related requirements
- Communicate all compliance related issues to key stakeholders internally and externally as required
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate information for contract and internal reports.
- Actively seek opportunities to enhance ISS processes and implementation of ideas for ongoing improvement of the ISS Business Management System.
The total gross salary $163,570 per annum
- Minimum 5 years’ aviation security management experience
- Minimum 2 years’ global aviation experience
- Ability to obtain or currently possess an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Have excellent understanding of the training, compliance and legislative requirements surrounding airport security
- Have excellent knowledge of Australian and global aviation security best practice
- Internal and external auditing experience within an aviation security environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with aviation security systems
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong Leadership, commercial and organisational knowledge
- High level of computer literacy
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- High personal integrity
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Diploma or Degree in Security Risk Management, or other relevant tertiary qualification
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com