Job no: 522205
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is growing and we currently seeking a resourceful and hands on Facility Handyman who will be required to travel across Melbourne Metropolitan and surrounding areas (CBD areas as well as Altona, Campbellfield, Broadford and Mulgrave). Majority of the work is in Campbellfield and Broadford.
The Facility Handyman will be responsible for:
- Day to day maintenance and upkeep of a factory and distribution center
- Performing general maintenance works as directed by the Facility Manager
- Respond promptly to customer requests for maintenance assistance and carry out such work to a high standard at all times
- Carry out site inspections to identify, report and action faults and items for repair
- Carry out visual checks and inspections of identified HVAC (mechanical) equipment and report repairs of faults Facility Manager
- Assist the Facility Manager in keeping an up to date inventory of spare parts and consumables on site, and order additional as required
- Carry out repairs to fixtures and fittings such as walls, doors, door hardware, joinery and furniture
- Assist with use of CMMS – FMS@ISS to raise and close off service requests and work orders as required
- Complete risk predictions and permits to work as required for self and subcontractors
- Supervising subcontractors as directed by Facility Manager
- Following all safety procedures at all times
- Company vehicle provided for travel between sites or car allowance for use of own vehicle
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Traineeship opportunities for eligible employees
- Career development via our internal Learning Management System
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
- Previous experience working in a maintenance or handyman capacity
- Strong attention to detail
- Can do attitude and willingness to jump in to ensure service delivery is achieved where required
- Stakeholder engagement
- Proactive and able to prioritise works based on risk, compliance and safety requirements
- Working at heights and on elevated work platforms
- Experience identifying and procuring resources and materials required for maintenance tasks
- Ability to identify hazards and prepare risk assessments (JSA and SWMS);
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Proven ability to provide solutions to maintenance related issues that produce efficiencies and cost savings;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, including the ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and contractors;
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite in order to produce reports and proficient use of computer systems;
- Current Class C/Open Driver’s License
- National Police Clearance within 3 months of issue
- Experience working in the FM or property management industry
- Exposure to asset management and life cycles of equipment, fixtures and fittings.
Screening and interviews will commence immediately.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend