ISS IS A PLACE TO BE YOU
We have ambitious goals for how we work, how we impact our surroundings and how we treat our people. It’s you that makes the difference to making amazing places, and we believe everyone can influence change for the better.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BE WHO YOU ARE
Every ISS employee, or “placemaker,” is part of both a diverse team and global community of colleagues where different skills, personalities, and life choices are acknowledged and celebrated as part of a positive, inclusive environment. ISS teams come together to care for clients and colleagues, championing talents and uniting with trust in a place open to the true self.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME WHAT YOU WANT
ISS is a global workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
With over 485,000 employees throughout 46 countries ISS is a company of belonging.
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
ISS is currently seeking an experienced individual to join us in the position of National Training and Compliance Manager based at our ISS Corporate Office in Murarrie, QLD or Melbourne, VIC employed on a Full Time basis.
About the role
This role will be responsible for overseeing ISS’ Transport & Infrastructure National Training & Compliance program across all operations (airports and cargo) in the segment.
As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will partner with key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure industry best practice, effective risk management practices and delivery of exceptional compliance outcomes.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the segment’s strategic plan through tactical application.
You will partner closely with the Quality Assurance and Systems Manager to ensure alignment as well as delivering on a robust quality, systems, training and compliance framework.
The role will lead by example to drive accountability by supporting our operational teams in achieving contract and government regulatory compliance and key performance measures.
- Have an excellent understanding of the aviation security industry
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Aviation Transport Act, Civil Aviation Regulations (CASRs) and Aviation Transport Security Regulations
- Develop and implement effective strategies to ensure compliance with the Australian aviation regulatory framework
- Provide timely and accurate expert advice to operations on all matters pertaining to aviation training and compliance
- Deliver training to relevant internal stakeholders on compliance related matters
- Develop internal policies and procedures and embed them within a national aviation environment
- Manage various stakeholders to ensure high standards of risk mitigation and compliance is achieved
- Establish standards for continuous improvement activities
- Conduct internal audits against established standards across all operations as required
- Monitor, analyse and report on compliance outcomes
- Values based positive company culture, with a caring and energetic team
- Purposeful and rewarding work with a competitive salary
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Internal opportunities within our global organization
- Minimum 5 years experience within a senior quality, training and compliance role
- Previous experience working with large dynamic operational teams within the aviation industry
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Strong analytical skills and a strategic thinker to critically appraise and oversee the maintenance and ongoing improvement of quality management systems
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to influence others to a considered course of action
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to identify stakeholder needs and resolve essential issues across a number of ports
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills
- Solutions focused - proven ability to adapt approach to changing needs or priorities.
- Organized – outcome and deadline oriented.
- Effective communication and consultation skills with broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident presenter and facilitator to various stakeholder groups
- Well-honed customer/client relationship skills.
- Ability to travel nationally on a regular and intermittent basis
- Ability to obtain an ASIC
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website.