ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Village Manager (or an Assistant Village Manager looking to step up) at our client's mine site in Rolleston (Central Highlands region in QLD). This Full Time opportunity is on a 9 days on, 5 days off roster with Fly-in, Fly-out from Brisbane.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Key Account Manager, this role will be responsible for the overall efficient running of our village operations (Cleaning, Catering, Facilities Management, Administration, Mine Site cleaning).
The role will be responsible for managing the client relationship at a site level and will be focused on delivering contract compliance, ensuring facilities are managed to an exceptionally high standard and delivering an exceptional ‘customer experience’ through a highly engaged team. The role will lead by example to drive accountability, set the standard and expectation in performance of duties and responsibilities.
You will be a hospitality professional with demonstrated leadership skills around customer service delivery, people management and Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will be available for Fly-In-Fly-Out (FIFO) from Brisbane (9 days on & 5 days off roster).
- Have a comprehensive understanding of hospitality services in a camp/village operations setting
- Understand all aspects of the service delivery requirements within the contract and execute these within the village operations.
- Deliver strong leadership and people management capability.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of service to a high standard across the village operations
- Maximise revenue opportunities and maintain strict cost control measures
- Ensure adequate resourcing and rostering for all services to be delivered at site
- Ensure a strong site safety culture and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Foster a strong reward and recognition culture
- Support the ongoing development of your team to promote a flexible work environment where cross-skilling and upskilling of the team is valued
- Ensure employee performance management is undertaken following established policies and procedures
- Values based positive company culture, with a caring and energetic team
- Purposeful and rewarding work with a competitive salary
- All flights to and from site, and all meals and accommodation whilst onsite paid for
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Internal opportunities within our global organization
- Proven experience managing mining camp/village operations or an extensive hospitality management background
- Demonstrated motivated, inspirational and effective leadership skills
- Ability to manage and develop a team of ~50 employees
- Ability to undertake regular travel to site as per FIFO roster
- Demonstrated customer service ethic
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements and delivery of strong safety culture outcomes
- Solutions focused - proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities.
- Organized – outcome and deadline oriented.
- Effective communication and consultation with broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-honed customer relationship skills.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com