Are you passionate about food and would like to develop your culinary skills where you become a trade qualified Chef? If this tickles your fancy, then apply now! You will be based at one of our healthcare sites and will be provided with all the necessary knowledge and hands on training in order to accomplish your goal.
- Above award apprenticeship wages AND get paid while training
- Opportunities in a Global catering organisation on qualification
- Supportive mentoring and development as part of our One ISS Futures program
What we are looking for:
- A commitment and willingness to become Trade Qualified.
- Sound written and verbal English skills with ability to effectively and positively communicate and sound numerical competency
- Fit, active and energetic - able to bend, stand and lift
- Honest and reliable
- No experience is required, as training is completed over the course of the apprenticeship, however relevant kitchen experience is an advantage
- Police Clearance or willing to obtain one and medically fit to pass Pre-employment medical
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will not apply
- DHS Working With Children Check
What you will get in return:
- Very competitive salary as an apprentice!
- Chef Qualification once your apprenticeship is completed
- Opportunities to develop and further progress in one of Australia's largest facility management companies
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow at a global company with catering operations across the globe
Reporting to the on-site Head Chef and catering team and with a wide support network as you progress, this is an amazing opportunity to become a qualified Chef.
As an Apprentice Chef at our ISS Healthcare site, you will be working alongside with our Headchef and Chef in a large commercial kitchen. You will learn all aspects of kitchen operations such as cooking with variety of ingredients, understanding dietary requirements, food waste management, sharpen your knife skills and learning how to use different cooking appliances, safe food handling and measuring ingredients. The aim is to exceed our patients expectations by preparing fresh, nutritious and healthy meal, whilst being in line with contractual requirements.
All theoretical and practical training is provided on site and you'll be working for one of the largest catering and Facilities Management company in the world!
To apply for this role, please click on APPLY button and application
ISS IS A PLACE TO BE YOU
We have ambitious goals for how we work, how we impact our surroundings and how we treat our people. It’s you that makes the difference to making amazing places, and we believe everyone can influence change for the better.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BE WHO YOU ARE
Every ISS employee, or “placemaker,” is part of both a diverse team and global community of colleagues where different skills, personalities, and life choices are acknowledged and celebrated as part of a positive, inclusive environment. ISS teams come together to care for clients and colleagues, championing talents and uniting with trust in a place open to the true self.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME WHAT YOU WANT
ISS is a global workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
With over 485,000 employees throughout 46 countries ISS is a company of belonging.
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people. We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.