Rockhampton Airport - Aviation Protection Officer/Admin Support
Job no: 527484
Work type: Casual, Part time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Security Officer
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are seeking customer service focused individuals who have an interest in joining the aviation security sector. We invite you to submit your application for the position of Aviation Protection Officer at Rockhampton Airport on a Part Time basis.
- Responsible for consistent and standard security practices ensuring passengers and their possessions are checked and cleared prior to departure
- Control access to security sensitive areas, undertaking physical searches, and identifying weapons, explosives and prohibited items.
- Efficiently co-ordinate the flow of passengers through security screening
- Demonstrate effective communication and sound decision making skills
- Providing consistent high quality customer service
- Keeping yourself to a high level of personal grooming to the company standard
- Hold or obtain a Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
FREE Full paid training for this qualification will be provided to you
- Ability to successfully pass Drug screening and Medical assessments
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Criminal history clearance in the past 10 years)
- Hold an unrestricted licence and have own reliable vehicle
- Full availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster with a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight with flexibility to work additional hours as required
Certificate II Transport Security Protection (TSP) is the entry certificate required for all new Aviation Screeners. Course include self paced online learning plus 5 DAYS OF PAID on the job training.
- Ongoing development opportunities with PAID training
- Rewards and recognition program
- Paid rest breaks and meal breaks
- Car parking facilities included during shift
- Permanent part time employment
- 5 weeks annual leave accrual
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is available to employees and their families
- Discounts to employees and their families with retailers across Australia
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values [link removed] as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend