Job no: 527241
Work type: Full time
Categories: Workplace Health and Safety, Management
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking people to join us in the position of HSEQ Manager for NSW/ACT and supporting the Healthcare Sector to be based at our Macquarie Park (NSW) office, employed on a Full Time basis.
Reporting to the Head of HSEQ and supporting the divisional Healthcare leadership team and the entire NSW/ACT operations you will be responsible for the day to day safe delivery of all services in all contracted locations in NSW and ACT. This dual role requires the provision of support to both the Healthcare Management Team on all contracts in NSW/ACT and to also support all divisional HSEQ Managers in on-ground tactical HSE support for the other division’s contracts located in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
Duties include but are not limited to:-
Within New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory,
- Be the primary point of contact for operational management teams across all contracts/sites, supervisors and workers on WHS Act and Regulations, Standards, and Codes of Practice and all other relevant jurisdictional regulations
- Communicate Company safety policies, procedures and new safety regulations in NSW/ACT
- Participate in processes which deliver quality and effectiveness of Investigations, Actions, Review and Closure of Incidents, Hazards, Risk Assessments, & Non-Conformances
- Monitor appropriate recording and reporting when Recordable & Notifiable Events occur
- Participate as required in internal & external audit administration tasks and assist with timely completion of audit actions/recommendations and outcomes
Within the Healthcare Sector,
- Develop and implement a National Healthcare HSEQ Plan in consultation with the Management Team and Executive General Manager
- Establish a Healthcare HSEQ Management Review within the business to facilitate a review of health and safety in the business, in line with Corporate HSEQ requirements and direction
- Maintain Federal Safety Certification (FSC) across the sector
- Introduce and share best practice initiatives across all Healthcare contracts within the HSEQ program
- Competitive salary on offer
- On-going professional development
- Highly supportive team environment
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
- Positive company culture
- Sound knowledge of the Service Industry (Cleaning) operations
- Strong knowledge of WHS Act, Regulations and Codes in all states and territories (mainly focusing on NSW and ACT)
- Strong knowledge of theories and drivers contributing to injury in the service industry
- Formal Qualifications in WHS
- Quality management System experience and understanding
- Strong influencing (Coaching/mentoring) skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills (for both an internal and external audience)
- Sydney based role with ability to travel regionally to conduct regular visits to client sites in NSW and ACT.
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
- Experience leading safety in a service industry environment
- Accredited Safety Lead Auditor certification
- Investigation Techniques training (e.g. ICAM)
- Self-insurance experience
- ISO 55001 experience
- Multi state and multi contract experience
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now