Assistant Village Manager
Job no: 527143
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration & Office Support, Management
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Assistant Village Manager/Senior Administrator to join our dynamic and professional QLD Resources & Energy operations team on a Fly-In-Fly-Out basis from Cairns Airport to one of our sites in regional Far North Queensland.
- Based at Kidston (FNQ) Genex contract
- Competitive annual salary
What we are looking for:
- Great career opportunity for an experienced Senior Village Administrator looking for the next step into management
- Previous strong general administration experience required preferably in the Resources & Energy industry
- Strong Village Services/Hospitality Operations supervision/management experience
- Previous FIFO experience highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a small site team leveraging additional remote support as required
- Excellent computer/systems literacy including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of flight and accommodation systems (including RMS) preferred.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- System administration and recordkeeping skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service with a strong customer service ethic.
- Effective time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and forward plan work
- High level interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate desired
- Ability to exceed client expectations in food quality and food safety adherence.
- Able to work a flexible FIFO roster based out of Cairns
- Ability to pass a pre-employment functional medical assessment and Drug & Alcohol screen
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary! We offer a great salary straight up for the work you do.
- All meals and accommodation provided whilst on site!
- Full uniform provided.
- Mental, financial and physical health support programs.
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow within a global company.
Reporting to the on-site Village Manager, you will provide excellent customer service and exceed client expectations.
A typical day for you will include:
- Supporting the management of the village operations and site administration requirements
- Preparing and issuing documentation including daily/weekly/monthly reports for our client
- Promptly answer all requests for reservations and record them accurately
- Direct duties to onsite personnel and be responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation. This will require hands on operational support where required.
- Performing Airport Reporting Officer (ARO) duties
- Complete site rostering and payroll activities
- To plan, organise and keep an accurate record by all area of responsibility for all deep cleaning carried out to ensure maximum cleanliness and logical work patterns are undertaken as required by Village Policy.
- Ensuring the team is working efficiently and completing all assigned tasks.
- Entering data into appropriate systems and maintain job records.
- Effective supervision of all guest arrivals and departures ensuring that room allocations and check in/check out processes follow set procedures and are customer focused
- Complete the end of month reporting processes in line with ISS finance procedures.
- Other general administration duties.
At ISS we believe ‘People Make Places’ and we are looking for the best People to create the best work-Places in Australia.
Who is ISS?
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of:
“Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now! Please see our other great ISS opportunities at roles are currently available and we will commence screening immediately.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now