People and Culture Manager
Job no: 526996
Work type: Full time
Categories: Human Resources
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed People & Safety Manager to join our team at Brisbane Airport ISS, employed on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager Aviation Security, this true generalist role, will be responsible for all People & Safety activities across our aviation security operations within the airport precinct. This position is a key leadership role in the contract and is a key partner, support and guide in all things related to P&C including end-to-end recruitment and onboarding, learning & development, reward & recognition, employee relations and work place safety.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of initiatives ensuring alignment with business strategy and operational requirements
- Develop and deliver operational and tactical improvement plans for health, safety and sustainability
- Provide specialist advice and support in all HSE matters and ensure regulatory HSE obligations are met
- Maintain and grow successful relationships across the entire business with key stakeholders, clients, customers and unions
- Partner with the site leadership team in providing HR and safety guidance across all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Provide support and advice on performance/disciplinary matters ensuring compliance and sound interpretation of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Management of complex ER matters and union relations including enterprise bargaining negotiations
- Drive a positive operational culture, committed safety culture and an engaged workforce regularly attending team meetings and toolbox talks
- Drive employee engagement activities and construct ways to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and enhance retention
- Planning and implementing all company programs relevant to P&C including training, performance appraisals and reward & recognition programs
- Promoting key diversity and inclusion objectives and guiding the site leaders to ensure the ISS cultural calendar is promoted in contract
- Demonstrate adaptability, transparency and effective communication within the operational environment
- You will be supported in your role by the General Manager People & Culture (QLD) and the wider People & Culture Leadership team.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a generalist HR role
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management
- Demonstrated success in delivering people advice and solutions that meet strategic and operational needs
- Proven ability to lead a large operational focused team, with experience in front-line employees is highly desirable
- Must be an enthusiastic & highly motivated individual that thrives in a fast paced environment where no 2 days are the same
- Must have a passion for people with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a high pressure working environment and build strong relationships quickly with multiple stakeholders
- Sound understanding of incident and investigation procedures, regulatory requirements.
- Possess great organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility, resilience and willingness to adapt to and embrace change
- Ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification (ASIC) card
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Salary and free onsite parking
- Inclusive and dynamic work environment
- Ongoing professional development with internal opportunities within our global organisation.
- A career defining opportunity for a purpose driven HR Leader
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend