Job no: 526827
Work type: Full time
Categories: Legal Services
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking In-house Counsel to be based at our Murarrie (Brisbane) office, employed on a Permanent Full Time basis.
- The In-house Counsel will be responsible for ensuring data privacy and regulatory compliance for ISS Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) and for providing commercial advice and support to the organisation.
- Supporting all data privacy, data governance and compliance related tasks for the Pacific region, helping to ensure alignment with ISS Group policies (GDPR based) .
- Supporting commercial activities of ISS Pacific.
- Key strategic role that will involve implementing practical controls to reduce data and compliance risks, contributing to tactical decision-making and documentation, and reporting on the success of data and compliance programs.
- This role is new to the organisation and will work closely with the Legal Director and a small but energetic in-house legal team to drive improved compliance and data privacy outcomes, and to support the existing commercial legal team. Opportunities for involvement in other projects and activities.
- Full-time opportunity based at Murarrie (Brisbane), with flexibility to be agreed.
- Ensure that ISS Pacific complies with controls, procedures and training in accordance with Group data and compliance policies
- Maintain a current data map in OneTrust for local systems, processing activities and suppliers
- Manage data and compliance incidents in OneTrust
- Maintain a register of business licences and related compliance requirements
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across ISS to promote data governance, data literacy and compliance, including through training and education
- Review and identify issues with proposed customer and supplier contracts
- Prepare and review variations for customer and supplier contracts
- Provide advice on interpretation of statutory and contractual rights and obligations
- Responsive and service-oriented
- Organised / process driven with attention to detail and accuracy
- Practical, productive and proactive
- Supportive, collaborative and flexible
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of data regulatory framework and risk treatment and mitigation strategies
- Well-developed research, analytical, interpretation, and problem-solving skills with strong commercial judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders as a data and compliance champion
- Experience implementing data privacy policies and frameworks
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a geographically dispersed local team and as part of a global team
- University degree (law or other relevant degree)
- 3+ years working in relevant roles in a commercial environment
- Experience with OneTrust well regarded
- Values based positive company culture, with a caring and energetic team
- Purposeful, rewarding and flexible work, with competitive salary
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Internal opportunities within our global organization
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now