Flinders Medical Centre is currently seeking an Apprentice Chef. If you are highly motivated , passionate about food and would like to become a trade qualified chef , then this opportunity is for you.
What we are looking for:
- A commitment and willingness to become Trade Qualified.
- Sound written and verbal English skills with ability to effectively and positively communicate and sound numerical competency
- Fit, active and energetic - able to bend, stand and lift
- Honest and reliable
- No experience is required, as training is completed over the course of the apprenticeship, however relevant kitchen experience is an advantage
- Police Clearance or willing to obtain one and medically fit to pass Pre-employment medical
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will not apply
- DHS Working With Children Check
What you will get in return:
- Very competitive salary as an apprentice!
- Chef Qualification once your apprenticeship is completed
- Opportunities to develop and further progress in one of Australia's largest facility management companies
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow at a global company with catering operations across the globe
Reporting to the on-site Head Chef and catering team and with a wide support network as you progress, this is an amazing opportunity to become a qualified Chef.
As an Apprentice Chef at our ISS Healthcare site, you will be working alongside with our Headchef and Chef in a large commercial kitchen. You will learn all aspects of kitchen operations such as cooking with variety of ingredients, understanding dietary requirements, food waste management, sharpen your knife skills and learning how to use different cooking appliances, safe food handling and measuring ingredients. The aim is to exceed our patients expectations by preparing fresh, nutritious and healthy meal, whilst being in line with contractual requirements.
All theoretical and practical training is provided on site and you'll be working for one of the largest catering and Facilities Management company in the world!
At ISS we believe ‘People Make Places’ and we are looking for the best People to create the best work-Places in South Australia .
If you are interested in this role, please apply now! These roles are currently available and we will commence screening immediately.
Who is ISS?
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
“Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.