Job no: 525156
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Within our Education Portfolio, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Groundsperson to join our team on a Full Time Basis: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm at Aldinga Payinthi College in Aldinga.
Reporting to the onsite Senior Caretaker, the Groundsperson is to provide an efficient, speedy and professional service to meet client needs ensuring the grounds are well kept and neat and tidy as per the contract specifications.
The role will suit an energetic and extremely motivated professional to drive our service and excellence culture by delivering the following services:
- The provision of grounds maintenance in accordance with the Services Specification
- To deliver the relevant KPIs as described in the services specification, in the execution of the grounds maintenance service
- Oversee subcontracted services for grounds maintenance
- Remove and dispose of all rubbish, debris, leaves, and litter from the roadways, car parks, courtyards, entranceways, pavements, pathways, road gutters, stairs, culverts, stormwater pits, grilles, fence lines, grassed areas, garden beds, and building surrounds.
- Empty and clean all outdoor rubbish bins.
- Conduct routine work in a safe and responsible manner that does not disrupt the client, fellow workers or members of the public.
- Identify and record any problems relating to ground services and/or safety then initiate, recommend or provide solutions to Management.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct policies and procedures, ISS Values and Leadership Principles
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
Experienced candidates will be considered if they have the following skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships
- Strong oral and good written communication skills for effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Positive and approachable disposition with a can do methodology to provide advice on issues of concern
- Access to staff discounts with companies including insurance and childcare
- Traineeship opportunities for eligible employees
- Career development via our internal Learning Management System
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
- DHS Working with Children Check.
- Australian National Police Check issued in the last 3 months.
- Ability to communicate with clients, team members and managers
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of Safe Work Practices
- Experience in grounds work ( Mowing, weed spraying, etc)
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now