Aviation Screening Officer
Job no: 524347
Work type: Part time
Categories: Security Officer
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are seeking customer service focused individuals with high attention to detail who have an interest in pursuing a career in the Aviation Sector. Due to recent changes in legislation, ISS is excited to offer a new pathway to being becoming an Aviation Screening Officer at Brisbane Airport on a Part-Time basis.
A new entry certificate is required for all Aviation Screeners as of January 2022, which replaces the need to hold a security licence, known as the Certificate II in Transport Security Protection (TSP). It has recently been passed through Parliament as a new requirement to enhance the awareness and screening quality of Aviation Screeners to meet new and emerging terrorist threat levels.
As the employer and the training provider, we are in a unique positon to guide you through the online learning modules and practical on-site training preparing you for your new role as an Aviation Screener.
- Opportunity to be one of first in Australia to complete a new nationally recognised course in Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Successfully be enrolled in the course and ISS will cover the cost of the course (course can cost up to $1700)
- Gain advanced knowledge of Aviation security terminology and theory requirements ahead of your commencement of employment with practical training to follow on site at the airport
- Opportunity to work in major and regional Airports across Australia and grow your career within a global organisation
- Car parking included for all staff whilst on shift
- Full professional uniform provided
- Providing consistent high quality customer service
- Responsible for consistent and standard security practices ensuring passengers and their possessions are checked and cleared prior to departure
- Control access to security sensitive areas, undertaking physical searches, and identifying weapons, explosives and prohibited items.
- Efficiently managing traffic flow of passengers through security check points to terminals
- Maintaining compliance in all security and safety procedures
- Apply effective communication skills
- Keeping yourself to a high level of personal grooming to the company standard
- Willing to obtain or currently hold a Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Ability to successfully pass Drug screening and Medical assessments
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Criminal history clearance in the past 10 years)
- Hold an unrestricted drivers licence and have own reliable vehicle
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster
COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will
Take the first step by clicking ‘Apply Now’ to complete an application to kick start your career in Aviation.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend