Training and Compliance Manager (Cargo Screening)
Job no: 524333
Work type: Full time
Categories: Security Officer, Senior Management
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Aviation Security, the Training and Compliance Manager (Cargo Screening) is responsible for the development, implementation, communication and management of the training and compliance function within ISS’ cargo screening contracts nationally. The focus of the role is to work with the General Manager Aviation Security and National Training & Compliance team to create an engaged cargo screening team, who fully understand their role and have the skills to perform at the highest standard of compliance. This role will be an advocate for the ISS Vision and Values and will demonstrate the ISS Leadership Principles at all times.
“COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination will be required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.”
- Ensure full alignment of ISS’ cargo screening contracts in terms of training and compliance activities
- Maintain legislative and regulatory compliance across designated cargo sites/contracts
- In conjunction with the National Training & Compliance team, develop and implement suitable training and compliance programs to meet regulatory and contractual requirements
- Implement ISS training and compliance policies and procedures across all cargo screening contracts nationally
- Ensure all team members are appropriately qualified and identifiable in accordance with legislation and company requirements
- Support cargo site managers/supervisors in achieving contractual obligations in respect to training and compliance
- Assist in compliance investigations and develop strategies for improvement
- Undertake timely reporting of all compliance related matters including on-time performance, daily/weekly/monthly results and continuous improvement activities
- Ensure compliance with cargo screening regulations and ISS site assignment instructions through maintenance and regular review of compliance program.
- Maintain knowledge and competence to assist in managing all emergency and security response procedures.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the training and compliance program; managing resources, communication and systems to achieve program outcomes.
- Investigate incidents and attend performance management meetings related to poor compliance performance of employees.
- Champion change - challenge the status quo & champion continuous measurable improvement.
- People management - develop and retain the capabilities required to deliver world class Aviation Security Services.
- Be seen as a leader within the business and demonstrate the ISS Leadership Principles.
- Have a current relevant state Security Licence (QLD, NSW or VIC)
- Have sound understanding of the compliance and legislative requirements surrounding cargo screening requirements (international, national, state) i.e. protection, transportation and screening requirements for cargo and mail
- Have a sound understanding of the aviation security industry
- Possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Experience in a training leadership/management role within a highly regulated environment
- Experience managing and delivering training within a large organisation
- Strong Leadership, commercial and organisational knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions concerning cargo/aviation security screening
- Excellent customer service ethos and stakeholder engagement skills
- High level of computer literacy
- High level of professional integrity
- Cargo screening and/or aviation security screening experience in a similar role required
- Ability to travel interstate to deliver on role requirements
- Access to staff discounts with companies including insurance and childcare
- Traineeship opportunities for eligible employees
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend