ISS IS A PLACE TO BE YOU
We have ambitious goals for how we work, how we impact our surroundings and how we treat our people. It’s you that makes the difference to making amazing places, and we believe everyone can influence change for the better.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BE WHO YOU ARE
Every ISS employee, or “placemaker,” is part of both a diverse team and global community of colleagues where different skills, personalities, and life choices are acknowledged and celebrated as part of a positive, inclusive environment. ISS teams come together to care for clients and colleagues, championing talents and uniting with trust in a place open to the true self.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME WHAT YOU WANT
ISS is a global workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
With over 485,000 employees throughout 46 countries ISS is a company of belonging.
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are seeking customer service focused individuals with high attention to detail who have an interest in pursuing a career in the Aviation Sector. ISS is excited to offer a new pathway to becoming an Aviation Screening Officer at Gold Coast Airport on a Permanent Part-Time basis.
The certificate II Transport Security Protection (TSP) is an entry certificate required for all Aviation Screeners. As a registered training provider, we are able to deliver this qualification. We will guide you through the online learning modules and practical on-site training to prepare you for your new role as an Aviation Screener.
This nationally recognised qualification is offered at the cost of $250 (normally valued at $2000). This includes approximately 25 hours online learning plus 5 days of paid practical training delivered within our airport operations.
- Responsible for consistent and standard security practices ensuring passengers and their possessions are checked and cleared prior to departure, ensuring airport safety
- Control access to security sensitive areas, undertaking physical searches, and identifying weapons, explosives and prohibited items
- Efficiently co-ordinate the flow of passengers through security screening
- Demonstrate effective communication and sound decision making skills
- Providing consistent high quality customer service
- Hold or willing to obtain a Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol screening and medical assessments
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Criminal history clearance for the past 10 years)
- Hold an unrestricted drivers licence and have own reliable vehicle
- Availability to work on a shift work rotating roster, consisting of early morning, late nights and weekends
- Ability to work a minimum of 50 hours per fortnight with flexibility to work up to full-time hours, with no restrictions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to gain a nationally recognized certificate in Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Be a part of our diverse team within a global organisation
- Car parking and paid meal breaks included
- Paid on-site training
- Ongoing career development opportunities
Take the first step by clicking ‘Apply Now’ to complete an application to kick start your career in Aviation.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com