Security Officer – Northern and Eastern Health
Job no: 524187
Work type: Casual
Categories: Security Officer
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is constantly growing within our ISS Northern and Eastern Health divisions at Northern and Eastern Hospitals. We're looking for Security Officer's and we invite you to submit your expression of interest by completing our online application.
Northern Health sites:
- Northern Hospital – Epping
- Broadmeadows Hospital
Eastern Health sites:
Security Officer Position Summary:
The Security Officer is responsible for interacting with customers and controlling access to designated security areas at the health facility through access control points. The duties include providing frontline security and protection of patients and occupants of the facility in accord with site Security requirements. They are also responsible for providing advice to occupants of the facility on restricted areas and raising alarm for any health and safety considerations. The role may also require other duties within the scope of skills of the Security Officer such as patrolling, crowd control and promoting a security culture.
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
- Current Police Clearance less than 3 months old is essential for ALL roles
- Availability to work on an on call basis, including early mornings, night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Valid Victorian Security License
- Current Working with Children Check
- Communicate effectively with hospital staff, patients and your supervisor
- Previous experience in a similar role within a health care facility is highly desirable
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and drive to deliver strong customer service
- Genuine interest in working with and caring for people
- Willingness to train and work in various departments of a health care facility
- Willingness to own and maintain a smart phone
- Access to staff discounts with companies including insurance and childcare
- Traineeship opportunities for eligible employees
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend