Utility All Rounder EOI - DIDO Bowen Basin
Job no: 524161
Work type: Full time
Location: Bowen Basin, Emerald, Rockhampton
Categories: Cleaner, Resources, Tavern & Retail
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is constantly growing within our ISS Resources Division, and we invite you to express your interest in our DIDO Utility vacancies across Queensland by completing this online application and providing your resume and relevant documents to us.
When vacancies arise a member of our recruitment team will review your application and make direct contact with you!
We have full time permanent opportunities across various areas or departments in the remote mining villages across Bowen Basin such as:
- Housekeeping and Village Cleaning Attendants
- Kitchen Hand, Dining Room, Catering Attendants
- Grounds Utilities
- Mine Site Cleaners
- Retail and Tavern Utilities
- All Rounder Utilities
For all roles, they would generally be 8 to 10 hours days. 2 Weeks on 1 Week Off
Reporting to the onsite Department Managers the primary objective of these roles is to effectively complete all the Cleaning, Dining Room and Tavern operations within our remote village camps. The goal is to exceed customer expectations in regards to the general level of services within the village, whilst being in line with contractual agreements.
- Cleaning resident’s rooms, storage aeras and other areas within the village
- Stripping and sealing of floors
- Ensure resident room supplies are replenished
- Cleaning of bathrooms
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, removing rubbih and other cleaning duties as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of food
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipies and standards
- Check all food is stored and handles as per current food health and hyfiene regulations
- Ensure garbage is collected and disposed off correctly from all kitchen areas each shift
- General works and maintenance e.g. mowing, general grounds works, grounds cleaning activies.
- Weeding and spraying
- Operating machinery (whipper snipper, lawn mower, hedge trimmer)
Food and Beverage Positions:
- Provide food and beverage service to the required service standards
- Maintain the cleaning schedule
- Ensure all cash handling is accurate and in line with procedures
- General bar duties as required
- Ensure all areas or full stocked during service periods including food items, drink dispensers, crockery, cutlery and consumables
- Keep tables and service areas clean and tidy
- Cost of mandatory medical is covered
- Opportunity to work for a global organisation
- Competitive Salary - Full Time Permanent
- Food, Accommodation and Uniform included (Steel Cap Boots included)
- Excellent communicators with a customer focused attitude essential
- Motivated Self-Starter
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Police Clearance less than 3 months old
- Ability to pass a full medical
- Versatile and willing to work in any department, as required
- Positive attitude to work
- RSA Certificate
- Previous experience in FIFO Tavern, Dining Room, Cleaning or Housekeeping roles
- QLD Construction Whitecard
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend