ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Training Manager to join our growing team at Perth Airport, employed on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager - Transport & Infrastructure, WA, in this key services support role and as part of the core Leadership Team in contract, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the training and learning & development plan for the ISS WA Transport and Infrastructure team, based at Perth Airport.
With a direct reporting line to the General Manager - Transport & Infrastructure, WA, you will also be well supported and able to leverage the wider senior leaders within the division with a dotted line to the training SME Segment lead and L&D team nationally.
With support from the divisional SME leader and the wider L&D team nationally in ISS, you will drive in house ISS training, coordinate the external training provision in conjunction with our in-house RTO and ensure compliance to and completion of all regulatory training requirements for the Transport and Infrastructure security contracts.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for onboarding and ongoing training requirements across the employee lifecycle and will coordinate, deliver and record team member’s individual training plans
As a passionate ISS ambassador you will deliver internal training in this contract with pride and purpose leading by example and aligning all training to ISS values, mission and purpose.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Be the Training expert in all airport security regulatory requirements, ISS training requirements and a key training SME and advisor to the General Manager
- Periodically reviewing and updating applicable training in-line with the contract/s
- Ensure new training modules are disseminated and completed
- Provide monthly reporting accurately and on time
- Maintain all matrix, records and monitor compliance and expiry of required training
- Act as the central point of contact for regular external audits into training practices and record keeping
- Put training plans in place that develop both mandatory and desirable competencies for all roles – including refresher training at appropriate intervals
- Conduct a regular training needs analysis and communicate this to the National People Manager Aviation and Transport and GM – L&D to see what programs are available to meet the needs of the team
- Provide training and support to projects
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high risk environment with a large front line work force
- Cert IV Workplace Assessment and Training (or higher) with demonstrated experience delivering different types of training
- ASIC holder or ability to obtain
- Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements, OH&S Act 2000, ISO 9001, 4801 & 14001 & experience in maintaining integrated quality management systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills – proven ability to influence others to a considered course of action, effective communication
- As a member of the contracts leadership team you will display a polished, professional presentation and lead by example in all behaviours
- Ability to be flexible to business need as demands fluctuate in the customer service environment
- On-site parking
- Fun and supportive work environment
- Ongoing professional development with internal opportunities within our global organisation.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.