ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
“Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Village Managers, Assistant Village Managers and Relief Village Managers to join our Resources Team on a Fly-in-fly-Out basis, flying from Perth to our sites throughout regional Western Australia.
Reporting to the Site Village Manager/Key Account Manager, this position is not only key to managing the day-to-day operation of the villages, but also this is an opportunity for the right candidates to do it differently. To deliver innovative, hospitality focussed service solutions to hundreds of residents in our remote villages. At the same time developing the capability of our multi-disciplinary teams in catering, accommodation, maintenance and aerodrome services.
You will be the on site lead of our leadership team and responsible for ensuring all safety and quality processes are followed. Lead the team to exceed customer expectations in regards to all services, while delivering contractual requirements with our client partners.
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient and prioritised day-to-day operation
- Motivate the team to exceed in delivery of our clients expectations
- Lead and direct and assist the department heads in the operation of the Village services and operational functions
- Provide to the Village Manager and the Key Account Manager essential feedback on the status of the Village operations and departments.
- Maximise revenue potential and maintain strict cost control procedures to ensure our budgets are achieved
- To represent ISS team and brand in all matters relating to the Village.
- Cultivate a positive, engaged and high performing work environment where learning and personal development are key to the success of all leaders and team members
- Be innovative, collaborative and proactive in delivering the best of ISS service delivery, leveraging the whole business to exceed client KPIs
- To ensure all systems and controls in the Village are operating efficiently and in accordance with, Client and ISS Policies and Procedures.
- Staff mentoring and performance management
- P&L responsibility
- Ensuring compliance with the clients and ISS HSE policies, Food Safety, procedures and management systems is a not negotiable
- Development and delivery of in-field safety leadership and toolbox meetings
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience in the Village Service Sector managing mining village camps or An extensive hospitality career managing large multi-faceted hotels or venues
- Inspirational, Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage a team of 50+ within HR and IR frameworks
- Knowledge of safety systems and databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant OH&S legislation
- Able to work a flexible roster
- Current Police Clearance or willing to obtain one and ability to pass a pre-employment medical
What you will get in return:
- Very competitive salary - willing to negotiate depending on experience
- Access to staff discounts with companies including insurance and childcare
- Mental, financial and physical health support programs
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation and many avenues for career growth
- All meals and accommodation provided whilst on site
- Full uniform provided – boots included!
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!
These roles are currently available and we will commence screening immediately.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.