Aviation Protection (Airport Security) Officer
Job no: 522424
Work type: Part time
Categories: Security Officer
Exciting opportunities exist to work at Perth Airport as an Aviation Protection Officer for a global company!
We are seeking customer service focused individuals with high attention to detail who have an interest in pursuing a career in the Aviation Sector. Due to recent changes in legislation, ISS is excited to offer a new pathway to being becoming an Aviation Protection Officer at Perth Airport on a Part-Time basis.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in customer service or a keen interest in working in a dynamic airport environment
- Willing to commit to complete company provided training to gain Certificate II in Transport Security Protection OR currently hold a Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Ability to successfully pass Drug screening and Medical assessments
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Criminal history clearance in the past 10 years)
- WA Security Licence desirable but not essential
- Hold an unrestricted driver's licence and have own reliable vehicle
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster
What you will get in return:
- Competitive hourly rate $27.17 per hour and penalties apply
- Opportunity to be one of first in Australia to complete a new nationally recognised course in Certificate II in Transport Security Protection. This nationally recognised qualification is offered at $250 (usually $2000).
- Gain advanced knowledge of Aviation security terminology and theory requirements ahead of your commencement of employment with practical training to follow on site at the airport
- Opportunity to work in major and regional Airports across Australia and grow your career within a global organisation
- Free Car parking included for all staff whilst on shift
- Full professional uniform and PPE provided
- Paid rest breaks and meal breaks
- Competitive hourly rate
- Providing consistent high quality customer service
- Screening customers at security checkpoints
- Efficiently managing traffic flow of customers through to terminals
- Maintaining compliance in all security and safety procedures
- Utilise your excellent verbal and written communication skills
A new entry certificate is required for all Aviation Screeners as of January 2022, which replaces the need to hold a security licence, known as the Certificate II in Transport Security Protection (TSP). It has recently been passed through Parliament as a new requirement to enhance the awareness and screening quality of Aviation Screeners to meet new and emerging terrorist threat levels.
As the employer and the training provider, we are in a unique position to guide you through the online learning modules and practical on-site training preparing you for your new role as an Aviation Screener.
Who is ISS?
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now