Commercial Manager - Business Development
Job no: 527322
Work type: Full time
Categories: Marketing & Communications, Senior Management, Sales
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking people to join us in the position of Commercial Manager - Business Development at our location Melbourne, employed on a Full Time basis.
Reporting to the Head of Solutions & Bid Management, this role is responsible for providing leadership and support to the Commercial Excellence Analytical Team, developing strategic financial solutions, and ensuring all bids submitted by ISS meet commercial and financial objectives set by the Sales Team and ISS’ Leadership Team.
This position is responsible for all Commercial models and is considered mission critical to ensuring ISS’ governance, with accurate estimates developed for operational handover, post contract successes.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Manage the commercial governance process end to end, ensuring all bids and proposals submitted by ISS meet the Company’s high standards of quality and professionalism
- Perform responsibilities within scheduled timeframes and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure that bids comply with tender conditions and response requirements.
- Effective management of commercial risk associated with bids.
- Demonstrate advanced model building and development skills.
- Demonstrate superior analytical skills – an ability to understand and interpret business operational, regulatory and industry issues, and develop solutions to address these issues.
- Support the approval of commercial/ financial components of bids, manage timelines and analyse commercial risk.
- Establish and maintain effective networking relationships across the Business.
- Ensure the implementation of effective policies, procedures and systems.
- Monitor, control and report against multiple bid timelines and milestones in a deadline driven environment.
- Work collaboratively with the Writing and Sales teams to develop seamless Commercial solutions.
- Proactively develop a positive people culture within the Commercial Team, while ensuring adherence to ISS corporate objectives, values and company direction.
- Act as a senior representative for the Commercial Team and be an ambassador for the ISS brand.
- Values based positive company culture, with a caring and energetic team
- Purposeful and rewarding work, with competitive salary
- Access to staff discounts with wide range of companies
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to drive team performance.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship skills.
- The ability to foster a strong team and service culture.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple processes and deadlines.
- Experience within a leadership position, ideally within the facilities management or related services industry.
- Strong ability to keep track of multiple targets and processes.
- Comfortable with constant contact with relevant collaborators to ensure high quality processes.
- Ability to work across the country/regional organisation establishing relations with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- +5 years of commercial excellence experience.
- Strong focus on structure, persistency and goal-orientation.
- Robust and resilient working nature, including high work capacity, strong contact/communication skills and empathy.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now