Aviation Security Officer
Job no: 526325
Work type: Casual, Part time
Categories: Security Officer
Help others on their journey while you start yours!
Seeking highly motivated customer service professionals to support ISS in achieving world standard aviation security services.
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are seeking customer service focused individuals with high attention to detail who have an interest in pursuing a career in the Aviation Sector. ISS is excited to offer a pathway to becoming an Aviation Screening Officer at Townsville on a Permanent Part-Time or Casual basis.
The certificate II Transport Security Protection (TSP) is the entry certificate required for all Aviation Screeners. As a registered training provider, we are able to deliver this qualification. We will guide you through the online learning modules and practical on-site training to prepare you for your new role as an Aviation Screener.
This nationally recognized qualification is offered for free (normally valued at $2000). This includes approximately 25 hours online learning plus 5 days of paid practical training delivered within our airport operations.
- Responsible for consistent and standard security practices ensuring passengers and their possessions are checked and cleared prior to departure
- Control access to security sensitive areas, undertaking physical searches, and identifying weapons, explosives and prohibited items.
- Efficiently co-ordinate the flow of passengers through security screening
- Demonstrate effective communication and sound decision making skills
- Providing consistent high quality customer service
- Hold or willing to obtain a Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol screening and medical assessments
- Ability to obtain an ASIC (Criminal history clearance for the past 10 years)
- Hold an unrestricted drivers licence and have own reliable vehicle
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster with a minimum of 50 hours per fortnight with flexibility to work additional hours as required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to gain a nationally recognized certificate in Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- Be a part of our diverse team within a global organisation
- Car parking and paid meal breaks included
- Paid on-site training
- Ongoing career development opportunities
COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
Take the first step by clicking ‘Apply Now’ to complete an application to kick start your career in Aviation.
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend